The DJ’s were spinning, the beer and wine were flowing, food was offered, but the best part of this venue vs. the basement of the Hudson Hotel is exactly that – we were outdoors under the summer stars rather than being in a basement. The “rink” is a bit smaller than the one at the Hudson but it doesn’t get slippery from the spill over of the drinks as it is made of large pieces of ply wood rather than a polished wooden floor. I’d hate to be negative but this type of floor has its cons to it as well. It isn’t completely smooth nor is it level where the pieces come together. But what makes is so great is how everyone is so excited about the idea of roller skating in the city. There were children, novices and long-time skaters all together on the floor, feeling the music and skating as well as they could. We arrived while it was still light and stayed until after it got dark. People were still coming in as we were leaving. Even if you aren’t in the mood to skate, Dekalb Market is a place to hang out outdoors chillin to some old disco tunes. And you might just get skating envy as you watch all of the fun on the “dance floor”.
what I've been up to
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- See this Instagram photo by @sweetgreen instagram.com/p/BtEGKNaFL5i/… 1 month ago
- RT @HillaryClinton: Like I said: A puppet. twitter.com/joshtpm/status… 2 months ago
- The Co-Op at 210 6th Ave and : SAVE SOUEN! - Sign the Petition! chng.it/4YL4BHDC via @Change 2 months ago
- See this Instagram photo by @petesouza instagram.com/p/BpXiatmFv6o/… 4 months ago
- I’m watching @glblctzn Festival LIVE this Saturday! Here’s how you can, too: glblctzn.me/HowToStream 5 months ago
what are you in the mood to do?
- need more ideas or suggestions? feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org